Hometown – Eskisehir, TURKEY
Melih Turkseven received his B.S. degree in Mechanical Engineering from Bogazici University, Istanbul, Turkey, in 2010. He is currently pursuing the Ph.D degree with Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta. His current research interests include mechanical design, dynamics and control of systems, bio-inspired robotics and medical robotics. As a student member of the Center of Compact and Efficient Fluid Power (CCEFP), he is working on the design and control of an MRI-compatible rehabilitation robot. He has been a prototyping instructor (PI) in the Invention Studio at GT since 2015.
Melih is occasionally engaged with organizing social activities. Being a former executive of Turkish Student Organization at GT, he participated in organizing a number of charity events. He’s also interested in 3D illustration and chess. He enjoys swimming and playing tennis.
- Bogazici University, Mechanical Engineering, 9/2005 – 6/2010
- Georgia Institute of Technology, Doctorate in Mechanical Engineering, 8/2010 – 05/2016
- TUSAS Engine Industries, Summer Intern, 6/2007 – 8/2007
- Invention disclosure on MRI-Compatible Force Sensor, GTRC ID: 5652, Filed on April 26, 2012
- Turkseven, M.; Ueda, J., “An Asymptotically Stable Pressure Observer Based On Force and Displacement Sensing For Pneumatic Actuators with Long Transmission Lines,” IEEE Transactions on Mechatronics. (accepted)
- Turkseven, M.; Ueda, “Observer Based Impedance Control of a Pneumatic System with Long Transmission Lines,” IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation (ICRA), 2016.
- Turkseven, M.; Ueda, J.; Kovalenko, I.; Kim, Euisun., “Design and Dimensional Analysis of a Tele-Operated MRI-Compatible Vane Actuator for Neuromuscular Fascilitation in Hemiparetic Limbs,” Dynamic Systems and Control Conference (DSCC), 28-30 Oct. 2015.
- Turkseven, M.; Ueda, J., “Design of an MRI compatible haptic interface,” Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS), 2011 IEEE/RSJ International Conference on , vol., no., pp.2139,2144, 25-30 Sept. 2011
- Turkseven, M.; Ueda, J., “Analysis of an MRI Compatible Force Sensor for Sensitivity and Precision,” Sensors Journal, IEEE , vol.13, no.2, pp.476,486, Feb. 2013
- Ueda, J., Lacey, L., Turkseven, M., Shinohara, M., Kovalenko, I., Kim, E. & Sulejmani, F., “Robotic Neuromuscular Facilitation for Regaining Neural Activation in Hemiparetic Limbs,” Proceedings of ASME 2015 International Design and Engineering Technical Conferences \& Computers and Information in Engineering Conference IDETC/CIE 2015, August 2-5, 2015, Boston, Massachusetts, USA.
- J. Ueda, D. B. Comber, J. Slightam, M. Turkseven, V. Gervasi, R. J. Webster III, & E. J. Barth, “MRI-Compatible Fluid-Powered Medical Devices,” Dynamic Systems and Control Magazine, 1(2), 13-16, 2013.
- Lacey L, Buharin V, Turkseven M, Shinohara M, & Ueda J., “Control of Voluntary and Involuntary Nerve Impulses for Hemiparesis Rehabilitation and MRI study,” 6th Annual Dynamic Systems and Control Conference, 2013.
- Ueda, J., Lacey, L., Turkseven, M., Shinohara, M., Maliki, A., & Kovalenko, I., “Robotic Rehabilitation Exercise in Hemiparetic Limbs Based On Functional Synchronization of Voluntary and Involuntary Nerve Impulses,” In Advanced Robotics and its Social Impacts (ARSO), 2014 IEEE Workshop on (pp. 114-120).